Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Un-decking the Halls

Finally started the boring task of starting to take down the Christmas tree and decorations today. A job I always get the joy of doing on my own because Jon hates decorations so much he refuses to help me! His argument is; I want them up, I can do it. He wouldn't put the tree up at all if he had his way! 

Putting the trees up took 10 hours this year! 10 whole hours! It was mission; do a bit, see to the baby, do a bit more, see to the baby. So on and so forth. 

Taking them down has taken far less time once I got going, but finding the time has been a task in the first place. I wanted to take them down last Thursday before the New Year, but only this afternoon did I find my hands free for long enough to de-bauble the trees. 

Now all I have left to do is actually take the tree itself down! Maybe now the baby is in bed. Or maybe tomorrow! 

All bagged up to go into the attic ready for next Christmas! 



No comments:

Post a Comment